Monday 2 January 2012

Memories, Dreams, and Reflections

Memories, Dreams, and Reflections. A look back on my favourite photos from the past year.
I saw this on The Paper Mama and thought it was great, so here's my photo year! If you like the idea  please do post your own and put a link in my comments box.

Me! - picture of yourself (you don't have to show your face). What are you most proud of accomplishing in 2011? Successfully juggling going back to work and raising my boy.

I Love You - picture of your husband, boyfriend, children, pets, etc. 

Still Laughing... - a moment you're still laughing about now...tell us a story.: he was being so naughty, but that little cheeky face just makes me want to laugh and laugh. C-bear now knows he's not allowed to jump on the sofa, but that evening in October was the first time he found out just how fun (and dangerous) it can be!

Winter Wonderland - a picture that reflects Winter.: taken at this time last year, we had tons of snow, so dressed the boy up warm in his little bear suit and went out to enjoy.

Birthday - share a birthday picture (your own or someone you love). C's 1st birthday, last May. We had a picnic in Crystal Palace Park with lots of his baby friends but I only remembered the hats at the end, so these 3 lucky boys got to play with them. Seconds after this photo was taken both C and Theo were in tears, only Toby really liked wearing the hat.



Friends - a picture with friends (this could be your friends or your children with their friends).: We met up with Daisy and her parents for a day out at Hever Castle in November. They actually get on really well, there was some snack jealousy involved in this photo and they're both eyeing the other up over who has the better snack!


I Was Inspired... - could be a picture of your inspiration (person or thing), or inspired by...: Les Mis (both the book and the musical) I love it and we've selected a passage from it for one of our readings at our wedding this Feb (I won't put it here as I'm sure I'll post about it in the next couple of months!)

Spring Fever - a picture that reflects Spring. Taken in CPP last April, I love this little tree, the blossom is beautiful and stands out against the blue blue sky.

Travel or Vacation - a picture taken on vacation or on a recent travel experience...even if it was only a few miles away.: We had our summer holiday in Selsey on the South Coast, our house was just 2 mins from the seafront and this was the view C-bear and I saw on our early morning walks.


Summer Days - a picture that reflects summer: An Indian summer, this was actually taken on 1st October, we had one amazingly hot hot day, so we dressed in T-shirts and had a final fling with the summer before autumn well and truly set in.


A Day In My Life - a picture of a typical day in your life: Up early, messy hair, just Mama and the boy (Daddy having a lie in).


All Smiles - a picture that makes you smile or of smiling faces.

Autumn Harvest - a picture that reflects Autumn/Fall.

Family or Home - a picture of your family or a picture that represents family/home for you.

Celebrate! - a picture that reflects a celebration: this one may need some explanation! I'm here playing Ticket to Ride with my soon to be sister-in-law on Christmas eve eve. We are both quite addicted to the game and this was a new version I'd given her the day before as a late bday pressie, we don't get a lot of time to play it (tons of small pieces so the boy needs to be in bed), and that night celebrated the fact that we could with 5 games in a row!

Let's Do It Again... - a picture of something you'd like to do again soon. : Day out with friends to Hever Castle


I Miss You - a picture of someone or something you really miss.: My Cuztwin, she lives up in Dundee and we only see her a handful of times a year.


Beautiful - a picture of someone or something you find beautiful.: My beautiful boy - it couldn't be anything else!


Dress Up - this might be a picture from Halloween or not...but someone who is all dressed up!

Macro - share your favourite macro or close-up image: baby hands playing with seaweed


Holidays - a picture from the Holiday of your choice.: Christmas!



My Favourite - share your favourite picture or memory from 2011.: so many to choose from, but I love this pic, it shows him at the v start of his independence, walking properly and deciding where he wants to go, rather then being in the buggy or carried by me.


Don't Ever Change - something you love about yourself, someone, or something that you never want to change.: C's excitement over new books. I love reading, books are important to me, I work in the book industry, read a novel a week and love finding a really good story. Over the last few months C-bear has also got really into books, it's an important part of our days, cuddling together over a picture book, listening to the story, pointing at the pictures and repeating what he sees, I hope as he grows C continues to love books as much as I do.



Just Because...So There! - share any picture(s) that you really want to share, but doesn't fit in any other category: Completely random, this is the beetroot tarte tatinFearnley Whittingstall at River Cottage with my work earlier in the year!


Hopes and Dreams - share what you hope to come or dream for 2012. Feel free to share an image of your choice: This is part of the venue we're getting married in on Sat 25th Feb 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...